Auto decals are a popular way to show support for your favorite team, represent your alma mater, or just show off your personality. But if you’re not careful, they can also be a pain to remove. Here are some tips on how to properly care for your auto decals so that they last longer and don’t leave behind a sticky residue.
- Keep them clean. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to keep your decals clean so that they’ll stick better and last longer. Use a mild soap and water solution to gently clean the area around the decal.
- Avoid direct sunlight. The sun can cause fading and deterioration of the decal over time. If you can, park in a shady spot or use a sunshade to protect your decals.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can damage the decal and cause it to peel off prematurely. Stick to mild soaps and avoid using any kind of petroleum-based product on or around the decal.
- Remove them carefully. When it’s time to remove your decals, do so carefully. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to gently loosen the adhesive before peeling away the decal. If you’re having trouble removing the decal, try soaking it in warm water for a few minutes before trying again.
- Store them properly. If you’re not planning on using your decals right away, store them in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing them in direct sunlight or humid conditions, as this can cause the decals to warp or deteriorate.
So there you have it! Our top tips for keeping your car decals looking great. Be sure to follow these simple steps and your stickers will stay looking good as new for years to come. And if you’re ever in doubt, don’t hesitate to give us a call – we would be more than happy to help you out. Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy showing off your personality with some cool car decals!