Are you due for a springtime car tune-up? If so, Northbrook’s experts, HEART Auto Care, have the tools and knowledge to make sure your car runs smoothly and looks great.
In addition to our professional car maintenance service, HEART Auto Care has got a few practical tips to help you declutter your car for spring. Take a few moments to follow these five simple steps, and your car will be reconditioned and refreshed in no time!
- Clean Interior. The most basic of car-decluttering tips is a thorough cleaning and vacuuming of the interior. This doesn’t have to be too time-consuming – clear all the rubbish and dirt out of your car, dust off surfaces (use a microfiber cloth and cleaner for best results) and wipe down door handles, windows and other interior fixtures. From there, get to vacuuming – winter winds and dirt can make a mess of your car’s floor mats, and a high-power vacuum will reach places where a duster will not.
- Organize the Glove Compartment. The glove compartment – one of the oldest tricks for safely stowing away knick-knacks in a car. But in a busy life, it can also become cluttered easily, which can be a nightmare when you’re looking for something specific, like a pen or your registration. When organizing, remember that whole “a place for everything, and everything in its place” adage – compartmentalize the glove box into categories, like car documents and tools, to make your life a bit easier.
- Toss Unused Goods. Your car is not your storage unit – salvaging the space in your car can be achieved easily by going through it and discarding items you don’t use. Anything old, dusty or broken should be tossed, along with any extra items like gadgets or decorations that make the car feel cluttered.
- Store Emergency Items. Make sure you have the essential items for emergencies kept in the car – a spare phone charger, first-aid kit, jumper cables, a flashlight and so on. As a bonus, store these items in a divided container – this will help with organization, ensuring that you have easy access to supplies in case of a crisis.
- Stay on Top of Vehicle Maintenance. Last but not least, make sure you stay on top of regular vehicle maintenance – the experts at HEART Auto Care can facilitate this process. Contaminants like dirt and debris can build-up in the car over time, potentially damaging it beyond repair, so making sure your car is serviced and cared for correctly is a great way to keep your car working as best it can and earning miles longer.
Northbrook, IL’s HEART Auto Care provides complete vehicle maintenance for customers across the North Shore, helping keep your car in peak form. Need help decluttering your car this spring season? Visit us today.