The power steering system in a vehicle is a vital component of the overall driving experience and can cause a lot of headaches when it starts to give out. If you live in Northbrook, IL, and are experiencing power steering problems, then you should consider taking your car to HEART Auto Care to have the issue fixed. Below, we discuss 10 common power steering problems and how to fix them.
- Leaking Fluid – This is one of the most common power steering problems. If you notice fluid leaking from your power steering system, it’s important to have it checked out right away. It could be a sign of a failing component or a damaged hose.
- Noisy Pump – Another common problem is a noisy power steering pump. This can be caused by a worn or damaged bearing, or by a failing component within the pump. It’s important to have a professional check this out to determine the cause.
- Hard Steering – If you’re finding it harder to turn the wheel, it could be a sign of a failing power steering pump or a worn belt. Either way, you need to have this addressed as soon as possible.
- Inaccurate Alignment – If you notice your steering wheel is off-center, it could be a sign of an inaccurate alignment. This is usually caused by worn or damaged components in the power steering system.
- Low Fluid Level – If you’re finding it difficult to turn the wheel, it could be caused by low fluid levels in the power steering system. Have a professional check the fluid levels and top them off if necessary.
- Worn Belts – Worn or damaged belts in the power steering system can cause a number of problems, including hard steering, noisy pumps, and inaccurate alignment. Have a professional check the condition of your belts and replace them if necessary.
- Worn Hoses – Worn or damaged hoses can cause fluid to leak and can also lead to poor steering performance. If you notice any signs of wear, have a professional check the hoses and replace them if necessary.
- Worn Pulleys – Worn pulleys can cause poor steering performance, as well as other issues. Have a professional inspect the pulleys and replace them if necessary.
- Clogged Lines – Clogged power steering lines can cause a variety of problems, including poor steering performance and fluid leaks. Have a professional clean the lines and replace them if necessary.
- Broken Components – Broken components in the power steering system can cause a variety of issues, including hard steering and poor performance. Have a professional inspect the system for any broken components and replace them as necessary.
If you’re experiencing any of these common power steering problems, it’s important to have them addressed as soon as possible. Taking your vehicle to a professional power steering repair shop in Northbrook, IL can help ensure that your car is running safely and efficiently.
Power Steering Repair by HEART Auto Care in Northbrook
Are you in need of power steering repair in Northbrook? HEART Auto Care offers top-notch, high-quality services when it comes to power steering repair. Our team of expert technicians is highly trained and certified in all aspects of power steering repair. With our competitive rates and fast turnaround times, you can rest assured that your power steering repair will be done quickly and correctly. Don’t wait any longer – contact HEART Auto Care today to get your power steering repair done right!